wmp causes pc to restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, this is quite frankly getting very annoying. every time i close windows media my computer restarts. specs are in sig.

my load temp is 41C, idle is around 29C

i loosened up my ram timings, and gave cpu more voltage, even backed off the fsb from my overclock. so currently im running .15v more than stock on cpu, im running 2.88v on the ram with 3 4 4 8 timings, and backed it off from 2.6 to 2.5ghz.

i never have time to read the bsod, it just restarts immediately

oops, almost forgot, the fsb is at 250 with 10x multi on the cpu, and the ram is running at a CPU/12 ratio.

Not sure it will help but try this.

Right click my comp and go to properties then choose the advanced tab.Click the settings button in startup and recovery, and untick the automatically reboot on system failure box.

my guess is the hard drive with bad sectors and your WMP might be installed on it.
try running a Checkdisk and see if anything pops up

my HD is so close to failing anytime now because of bad sectors, i had flatout 2 installed on those bad sectors and it kept on restarting my system each time i would log off the game.

well its a brand new hdd, and ive tested it with some stuff about 5 different times, 3 dos based, 2 windows based things. i dont know, its not doing it anymore, but man was it annoying.

i did however take my psu out and temporarly fix my pc2 in my sig, and the problem stopped. loose p4 connector maybe?

i dunno, but whatever, its gone now.

maybe one or couple pins from the connector were loose and didnt give enough boost to run an application..lol

odd but good the problem is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom