Wlan card problem

manni

Beta member
Hello all, i have a Acer Aspire V3-571g and i was hoping to replace the motherboard with another one since its broken.

now my wlan card has 2 wire ports and the white cord has accidentally been ripped i wonder if my wireless network will still work?

Hello all, i have a Acer Aspire V3-571g and i was hoping to replace the motherboard with another one since its broken.

now my wlan card has 2 wire ports and the white cord has accidentally been ripped i wonder if my wireless network will still work?

If you mean the wire attached to the wireless nic to mobo socket where it was originally placed...

I highly doubt that you would get it working with out a replacement part.
If your still game for trying to fix it check around ebay canada or uk for the part.
Otherwise do better than that and try this:
N150 Micro Wireless USB Adapter

I've owned 2 of them for 2 years and never had a single issue out of it.
Doesn't even get hot enough to burn out. ;)

Thanks for the quick reply Mike, and for the link to the mirco usb adapter i just might go with that,since the wire ran inside my lcd screen.

But will it still work even with 1 wire connected to it? Because i have a Hp Paviliion 15.6 and it also uses 1 wire connector instead of 2.

But will it still work even with 1 wire connected to it? Because i have a Hp Paviliion 15.6 and it also uses 1 wire connector instead of 2.

I dont see why it wouldn't work havent come across laptop lcd dependant on a wireless link cord to function.

If you still have the laptop apart check for the inverter plug and connect it.

Here are 2 links so you'll know what to look for:

hp-pavilion-dv7-lcd-inverter-4.jpg

Cheap Lcd Cable - Best X New Laptop Lcd Video Cable for Hp Online with $1.86/Piece | DHgate

If you feel abit comfortable have the laptop on a stable flat surface open connect the lcd to mobo.
Make sure psu and keyboard and battery or cord is plugged in, tap the power button.
If everything powers up and you see the hp bios screen you are good to go.

Thanks for the option mike im going to give it a try on my acer when i get my motherboard shipped to me

I dont see why it wouldn't work havent come across laptop lcd dependant on a wireless link cord to function.

If you still have the laptop apart check for the inverter plug and connect it.

Here are 2 links so you'll know what to look for:
*snip*

If you feel abit comfortable have the laptop on a stable flat surface open connect the lcd to mobo.
Make sure psu and keyboard and battery or cord is plugged in, tap the power button.
If everything powers up and you see the hp bios screen you are good to go.

OP isn't talking about the LCD being dependent on WLAN cables. Usually the WLAN antenna cables (one black / one white) are routed through the LCD panel plastic enclosure, and the antennas are mounted inside the display's shell, so that it can get the best possible signal.

@OP: Not sure if it would work with just 1 antenna hooked up; if it does, it may only be limited to Wireless-B, instead of Wireless-G. You'll most likely have severely reduced signal range, as well as reduced bandwidth capability. I'd try and repair the cable, or find a replacement antenna cable.

If you can't get a replacement cable from somewhere, then a wireless USB adapter may be the best solution for you.

Carnage i was going to try and connect them back together but the last end piece has been misplaced,so i really dont know any other option other to get a wireless usb adapter for my laptop.

Thanks for the response.

Yea i wish i could but the wire seems to be pretty long it passes from the lcd through the motherboard and down near the harddrive slot. and wire got cut halfway.

Back
Top Bottom