Wireless router won't go wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crockpot

Solid State Member
I recently moved into a new apartment and try to use my wireless router. It doesn't work at my new apartment but worked fine in my old apartment. The wireless light is on but doesn't blink with activity. The router works fine when i connect my devices through ethernet cords but not through wireless connection.

Here is what I have:

I use Comcast cable both before and after the move. I use their cable modem.
I use linksys wireless-G Broadband router. 2.4 GHz, 54 mbps.

I've tried to power cycle, reset, and thats about it.

perhapse interference try changing the chanel of the router. however you didnt state esactly what you mean by it doesnt work is there absolutley no connection that shows up in your list of networks? are you trying to connect and it doesnt let you? are you connected but there is no pages that will load ect.....

if you get directly next to it can you see the network and are you able to see it with another system?

Are you using a laptop? If so, make sure you didn't accidently turn off the wireless card. My laptop has a hotkey to turn it on and off. I turned it off once and couldn't figure out why my wireless network wasn't showing up either...until I turned the card back on :D

try to preform a hard reset on the router then go into settings and make sure that wireless is setup right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom