Wireless Print Server Help needed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpal723

Solid State Member
I created a home network consisting of a Dell Latitude 600 and a Dell tower (model?). Yesterday, I purchased a Netgear wireless router, a Netgear wireless USB adapter for the tower, and a Netgear wireless print server. I spent the entire day (literally) trying to get all components to play nice. Everything is ok, with the exception of this print server.

As you can see the router works and the USB adapter works but the print server is giving me ****.

The model number is Netgear USB Mini Print Server PS121. I am running Windows XP on both machines, and they are both Dell products.

I am guessing that I am doing something incorrect with the installation, because the directions, to me, are ambiguous. I have removed it completely, and I want to start the install from scratch. Does the software have to be loaded on both machines or just one? My main error is that the system cannot recognize the printer. I get it 99% on the print, then it just goes to the queue to die. My printer is a Dell AIO 922, and is functioning. Any help with respect to procedure would be great.

JP

Contact Netgear Support. See if they can help. Also, I have seen a few of those devices show up DOA or go bad rather fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom