Wireless LAN config

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomWilhelm

Beta member
Good morning,

I Recently I purchased a laptop, but have problems when trying to connect to the WLAN in my house. The WLAN card is a RALink 2500, I've looked through all the settings and can notice nothing wrong, as I write this I am connected whilst sitting next to the Router but getting no signal (I'm writing this by using a regular wired connection).

Strangely the other day when I was playing around with the WLAN cards region code, and after restarting it connected, so I had good use of it that night. But when I started up my laptop the next morning it couldn't see the router at all, and this has been the case ever since.

I have tried the following :

# Updating the drivers.
# Reinstalling the card completely.

The thing I believe is the source of the problem is that the status of the link is currently showing 'RF OFF', I believe that has something to do with the cards 'Radio Frequency', wonder if any of you can clear that up. I'm on Windows XP if that helps.

The router is set to broadcast its SSID, and I have 3 other desktops connected through it so I know the router is working fine. I'll keep playing around with the settings and keep you posted.

Hope you guys can help!

Regards,
Thom.

I wonder how old is the firmware version on your router. I would recommend upgrading that as well if a newer version is available. I had sort of the same problem but that fixed it. I was getting disconnected and couldn't pick up the signal after upgrading the firware. Now it works perfect. I have a linksys though...Also make sure the wireless button on the front or the side of your laptop is on. Sometimes your had can slip on it and can move it on the off section. I have a vaio so based on my own problems. That occured several times... Check that as well before doing anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom