Wireless Keyboard Woes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DazaUK

Beta member
Bit of a weird one this and I was hoping someone here could give me some pointers of possible issues (I can't see anything exactly like this on other posts).

I have a Sony Media PC which comes with a Wireless keyboard with integrated mouse pad.

Until recently everything was fine and then suddenly the keyboard won't work although the mouse pad is still working (part of the keyboard) - so it's slightly strange as it means the keyboard is talking to the PC. Occasionally if I push the keys randomly I might get one character to appear but this is fairly inconsistent.

When I VNC to the PC from my other desktop, I can still type so it seems to be something to do with the keyboard (driver maybe?). I know I haven't dropped any liquid on it, so I'm assuming it's not mechanical.

I've changed the batteries, reconnected the keyboard, restarted the system and nothing seems to work.

I assume my next option is to re-install the keyboard driver which I'm a bit wary of in case I mess things up and then can't fully control the PC even over VNC. My only other thought it is something to do with the wireless connection going corrupt but again not sure.

Anyone got any ideas on what this could be or seen something similar - any thoughts gratefully received as I'm pulling my hair out and the Sony support hasn't really been any good.

Cheers

Daren

Keyboards really don't have any required drivers other than the ones Windows gives it. It's more just software to work with the keyboard's extra functionality. All of the You could try reinstalling the software and see if it helps. Also make sure no other wireless devices are interfering with the keyboard.

Ok thanks for that. A bit of a worry really as the set-up hasn't changed so I can't think of any other wireless devices that could be interferring as there's nothing different from when it was working?

You can try going into device manager and uninstalling your keyboard. Restart your computer and Windows will install it again.

Thanks for the help so far cvb724. I've tried the driver uninstall but still no joy. Don't suppose you've got any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom