Wireless Keyboard Problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Wireless Keyboard Problem

Hi there,I have an old microsoft wireless keyboard 3000 v1.0.
I've been using it for like 3-4 years and everything was ok until some hours ago.
My keyboard "went crazy".It started typing random letters,characters,numbers,pressing cntl,alt and many many other weird things.
For example,i type "t" and it types "t+".I type "7" and it types "p7" and many many more.Some times it just lags the whole system and my windows explorer + intellitype pro(keyboard software) keep restarting and restarting...I've opened a notepad and just left it open and I saw it typing something like "[p/pt+t[[][][t[tpt)(" etc...Also pressing alt again and again.Cntl too.
Well,i don't really know what's going on.I'm gonna buy a new one,of course,but I would like to figure this out.I've searched a lot on the web and haven't found a solution to this particular problem.
I've tried almost everything,uninstalling/reinstalling drivers,changing usb port for the reciever,tried to use my keyboard on laptop(really weird!it started typing random characters "○W◘▲█][p◘•○\b]+sada9\sa◘98\[9\p987]]7•]9○Βb+&8\97○○877◘7987\7•◘○a◘7\987╥\8\••◘a").So, i know MS hardware suck,but please try giving me a break and help me solve this problem.
EDIT:I've just noticed that it even lags the computer during system boot.
SECOND EDIT:I've just noticed i might have posted this on a wrong section.Sorry about that.

Thanks in advance

SiCSeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Private Joker

Default Re: Wireless Keyboard Problem

I've noticed this can happen when the actual keyboard is failing; just starts acting wonky and not working correctly. Most likely its that it's just dying.

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
I've noticed this can happen when the actual keyboard is failing; just starts acting wonky and not working correctly. Most likely its that it's just dying.
+1 This sort of thing happened to me on an aged wireless keyboard as well. I just ditched it. If it is still under warranty, RMA it.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

hmmmm well i think its not under warranty anymore SiCSeth has been using it for 3-4 years , unless the wireless keyboard warranty is lifetime like other computer peripheral sellers provides. if you have spare keyboard you should give a try using it to verify if the wireless keyboard is malfunctioning or not. Nevertheless i 100% believe on what CarnageX and MindoverMaster said.
av3lard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

Some manufacturers do give out lifetime warranties. They can sometimes be forgiving.

About a year ago my Western Digital HDD just stopped working on the spot. I found out it was a few months out of warranty. They let me send in an RMA and replaced it.

But, yeah, look at getting a new one.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Hey guys. I think I'll buy a new one, cause yesterday I broke it completely. (Watch angry german kid on youtube :P)
I guess this documentary says it all.
The Light Bulb Conspiracy (2010) - IMDb
Have a nice summer!

SiCSeth is offline   Reply With Quote