Wireless card not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gossamer

Beta member
Hello. :) I just joined this forum but have been a non-posting non-member for quite a while. But, now I have a problem I can't seem to solve. Not only is my Broadcom wireless card not working, it doesn't even show up in the device manager. I have an HP Pavilion dv6208 that I purchased new in Feb. '07. I turned it on one morning and the wireless card wouldn't work and there was an orange light on- rather than the normal blue light. So, I called HP and they sent me a new Broadcom wireless card. I reinstalled the software drivers, installed the card, and still no card in the device manager. I've been doing a lot of research (google) about this topic and although others have experienced the same problem, no one really seems to know what the problem is. People who send their laptop back to HP have received their laptops back after a few weeks :eek: only to have it return to the same problem. The best explanation I have found so far is that there is a conflict with the motherboard and the card. Does anyone have any ideas as to a fix I could do myself. I really can't do without my computer for a month (for work). I also updated the BIOS, and reinstalled & updated Vista. Here are some specs...
AMD, Turion 64 mobile technology
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Installed Memory: 1 GB, DDR II SDRAM
100 GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150, Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b :eek: Thanks for any help!

Sounds like faulty hardware worth a suing (like sue). You know it disgusts me how these corporate people can get away with marketing such known bad technology.

I would say that the orange light means collision packets, but you're using wireless. Honestly, I am unsure. I have heard people prattle on about Broadcom being terrible. I believe I have my reason.

I am sorry, I can not help you, my only recommendation is, try to nicely get your money back while saying that they did not fix the problem. If they will not take it back this way, ask to speak to a manager, ask his name, and threaten to sue.

This was the way I got someone's money back for that terrible Acer I was repairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom