wireless adapter keeps reseting - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2006, 02:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to shayahakohen
Default wireless adapter keeps reseting

i went to walmart and bought a cheap wireless usb. the brand name is blitzz. i am using my landlord's wireless which is unsecured. for some reason every few minutes if i am using bandwidth it resets and the only way to get it working again is to unplug it and plug it back in. the router is a linksys wrt54g. if i leave it idle and am not downloading anything then its fine. i tried setting a static ip that didnt help, only made it quicker when i plug it back in. i want to know if its the router or adapter, or maybe some software that i'm running.
Closed Thread