WinXP - new hardware wizard keeps reappearing with wireless mouse - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2008, 05:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default WinXP - new hardware wizard keeps reappearing with wireless mouse

I'm having a problem whenever I try to use a wireless mouse with my MSI Wind netbook (a re-badged version, the Advent 4211).

The computer seems to have great difficulty recognising the USB mini-receivers for Logitech wireless mice. Their presence doesn't register at all for quite a while and then the 'found new hardware' wizard kicks in and asks me to install the appropriate software drivers. As soon as I think that's sorted, up pops the new hardware wizard again and makes go through the same routine again. Repeatedly. Eventually it settles down and the mouse works okay ... until I switch off the machine and come back to use it later. Then we're back to the new hardware routine all over again.

I'm experiencing the same issue with a variety of Logitech wireless mice, including the VX Nano, VX Revolution and the Trackman Optical. I've tried using these mice both with Logitech's own software installed and without (which I'd prefer as I don't need the extra functions). It's the same situation with all three USB ports on the computer. All three ports work fine with other hardware connected.

My computer's operating system is Windows XP SP3.

Can anyone suggest a potential fix for this problem?

Old 10-02-2008, 11:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: WinXP - new hardware wizard keeps reappearing with wireless mouse

Have you tried any other devices other than Logitech mice to see if the driver installation is slow with everything?

Closed Thread