winfast tv2000 xp/delux

Status
Not open for further replies.

tone45

Beta member
:( Can some one help me.......I am starting to get worried that the tv capture card I got might be a dud. I have put it in the tower unit and tryed to install the software but it still does not work.It shows up in the device manager under Other Devices but has a yellow mark next to it. When I run the program it says it can not find a capture device.I will be very happy if some one could help me out on this matter.

You could try downloading the cards latest drivers. I would however return it and get a different brand of card. I myself own one of these cards and IÂ’ve only had problems with the remote but all my friends who have also bought this card have had the exact same problem as your having. TheyÂ’ve tried replacing the cards through warranty but still the same problem. The card I got has served me well for almost 2 years now in spite of its remote not working at all. I guess I was just lucky.

I had, key word had, this tv card. It worked great for two years, but then something happened during a reboot, and it wont work the same again. Usualy with this card, three devices show up on device manager, but after my restart, only two show up. So for me the card had died in one way or another. I had tried many different things, new install, and a different system, with no success.

My guess on your card, its a dud, you can return it for another, or a different brand. I was very pleased with my card, it just died after two years of good use. It used less than 10% of my system resources for both playing tv and recording it. (my system seen below, 3200+) I now have a hauppauge. Its decent, but I would have went with another leadtek winfast again.

Pc Specs

Mainboard : Hewlett-Packard (HP System Board)
Chipset : SiS651 CPU to PCI Bridge
Processor : Intel Pentium 4 @ 2191 MHz
Physical Memory : 512 MB (2 x 256 DDR-SDRAM PC2700 @ 166 MHz)
Video Card : Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) SiS650/1/GL/GX,740 GUI 2D/3D Accelerator
Hard Disk : ST380817 AS (80 GB)
Monitor Type : Hewlett Packard hp m703 16 inchs
Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RT8139 (A/B/C/810x/813x/C+) Fast Ethernet Adapter
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 1
DirectX : Version 9.0

I did have a radeon 9250 graphics card in the machine but took it out to see if it was affecting it. But still no luck, I am open to any suggestions at the moment I would really like to get this going. Thanks for the help at the moment to guy's:D

After looking at your specs, I noticed that you are running SP1. Is there any reason that you havent upgraded to SP2? This might solve any issue. Have you looked for any hardware or software updates on the windows update site? That too could be a solution.

winfast tv capture

Yea I did have sp2 in the computer but I took it out to see if it was conflicting with it. I have all so rebooted the computer back to factory state and still no go. I have updated the drivers from the internet and they still say it can not find any video capture device and the same for the fm radio. The card keeps showing up under other devices with the ! mark next to it. When I try to tell the computer to look for the drivers on the cd that came with the card it say's it can not find any. Leadtek have sent me a small programe that I have to extract into the C drive then boot up into dos to run it, Then download new drivers from net and hope it works. So I will try this now but if you have any idea's I would be very thank full........:D :D :D

tv capture card

Hello AND_YOU_ARE I have got my card up and running, I ended up reformating my hard drive due to a major crash so I made it FAT32 and installed the TV2KPROM program. It is all sweet now thanks for your help and advice.:D I hope I might have some advice on some thing to help some one out one day.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom