WIndows7 / Intel Audio problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2010, 12:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default WIndows7 / Intel Audio problem

Hi there

I have a desktop that I built a couple of years ago , based on the Intel 845 MoBo , I have been runing XP up to now , but now I have Window7 on it , the problem is now I can not get any sound from the onboard sound , Intel say they dont have a W7 driver for there onboard sound on there D845 MoBo .
Question is , can I get a sound card that has drivers that will support W7 , and use that on my Intel D845 MoBo .

Old 12-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: WIndows7 / Intel Audio problem

If they have Vista drivers, that will likely work for you.

__________________ Steam Account
Old 12-16-2010, 09:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: WIndows7 / Intel Audio problem

You need to get some new drivers for that video card to get it to work on the new OS. I you cannot find newer drivers to install or installing the drivers doesn't help then you need to take a look at the OS the card supports or post what model of sound card you have here and I'll find it.

My friend upgraded from XP to Win 7 and his sound stopped working too. I did a little research on it and found out that his card could not be used on Win 7. Sound cards are cheap though so its not a very big deal. I bought a $30 one for him and everything worked like a charm again.
Closed Thread