Windows XP restarts during loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

catax

Solid State Member
So.. i've just bought a new 775 motherboard that came along with a dual intel 2.18 processor. i put together everything and when i started the pc... the bios loads and then it went into this screen that said something about my hardware thats installed isnt working correctly, then it gave me a few options "continue to safe mode" safe mode with networking and/or console command and continue with the last working configuration and start windows normally. i chosed start normally, and as soon as it gets to the lading screen with the little bar on the bottom my pc restarts... i tried safe mode and it doesnt work... can someone help me with this issue pls? thx

Did you just swapp your HDD from your Old motherboard over to your New motherboard... without Reformatting and Re-installing Windows?

...if so that is your issue... you cannot swap Windows from one motherboard to the next.(unless its the exact same Mothoerbard/chipset as your old one).

because windows trys to load using the old motherboard drivers witch ofcourse is impossible with the New Motherboard.

If you plan to use a hard drive from one computer to another before you take it out of the old computer go into your control panel hardware and remove as many drivers as you can without restarting and then shut down and slip it into another computer. Its not 100% to work but its at least 75 % to work. at least for me it is.
But for you its sounds like your boot sector got damaged. If so you would be best off either trying to see if you can repair the old drive or get a new one and reinstall.

jolancer said:
because windows trys to load using the old motherboard drivers witch ofcourse is impossible with the New Motherboard. [/B]

couple years ago when i had my old AMD xp which was new years ago,
i shoved my HD into a Pentium 3 and it booted as a single master to the desktop no problem, slowwwww and messed up but it booted.

If you can put the harddrive back into the old system, then sysprep the drive using the sysprep -mini -reseal option.
This will remove the drivers and reseal the drive as if it came from the factory. When you place it into the new system windows will reload the drivers you need. You will however need the driver disk that came with the motherboard if it has on-board sound, lan, etc...

reinstall a clean windows and drivers for each hardware device. the problem caused by the old drivers of your old system that are still on the hard disk in windows existing installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom