Windows xp RAID0 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbreudi

Beta member
Hi and thanks for reading. Ok heres me story its a little long but please read it all.

I just got my new system put together about two weeks ago. I was running a Hitachi 80 Gb SATA2 HDD. Iverthing was fine. Then i decided to pick up another one so i could run a RAID0 congiguration. So i just go tthe other HDD on friday and hooked it up. In my bios i turned on the RAID setting and rebooted. I then pressed Ctrl+I to enter the intel RAID configuration utilitie. I created a RAID0 array with the two drives. I the rebooted with the windows xp cd ready to go. When it loaded i pressed F6 to load a RAID driver. Then it prompted me to locate the driver. So i loadede it from the floppy disk that i created usinf my mobos driver cd. I loaded thast fine. Then it formated the drive and loaded files. At this point i though everything was going good until it restarted to do the actual installation. Well it did restart and got donw to 34 minutes remaining in installation. Then a dialog box pops up and says "Could not install Display. Constact hardware vender for assistance". I clicked ok. Then another box that said the same thing appered but instead of saying Display it said Keyboard. Then the same box came up about 20 more times and each time there was a different device listed that it could not install. After all the windows where gone it went into a BSOD with the following information-
Kernel Data Inpage Error
win32k.sys
0x0000007a

So at this point i though i may have done somthing wrong so i redid everything abput 5 tomes and the same result each time. Ok now heres where it gets odd. After this i decided to just connect one of the drives, the one i had connected for about the week befor. So i did but i for got to press any key to boot the windows cd. So i went on to boot form the harddrive. But instead of sayting somehting like wissing other drive or no OS found it loaded my old windows configuration that was on there form the week befor. How could that be when i formated the drives during installation? That iw the weird thing about it. I know both drives are good since i installed windows on both seperatly and it was fine. Also i tried a RAID1 confirguration and the same thing happened. What is wrong?

here is a link to the MoBo and Drives

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822145082

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131538

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom