Hello. I'm new to these forums and have an ongoing problem I need help in diagnosing. I've been in the computer industry my whole life but I've been out the last couple of years so I've fallen behind. ANYWAY, here it goes
Operating system: Windows xp pro (non se2 can't get it to install)
2 Maxtor SATA drives running in raid 0 configuration
Abit AN7 motherboard
1 GIG RAM (corsair I believe)
AMD xp2200 processor NOT overclocked
ATI RAdeon x800 pro graphics card
I have these drives set as raid 0 stated above. The drives generally work fine but I dont think they are as fast as everyone states. A few questions:
1. Is there a way to test the speed to ensure they are working properly or a utility i can run to test the configuration / function?
2. Windows XP pro reports these 2 drives as 1 large drive under 'my computer' is that normal?
3. Are there any particular settings I should check under my device manager or anything I could tweak?
4. Can raid drives be defragged normally?
5. Every once in a while I have a corrupted files icon appear down next to my clock, and sometimes when the computer reboots it seems to go into scandisk an aweful lot ( i would say once every few days). Runs fine after it fixes a few file errors.
I'm using the siliconimage 3112 SATA driver from here:
Any ideas? Thank YOU for your answers in advanced!