Windows won't boot on my old PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then there is more bad sectors on that drive than can be recovered by Windows. ERD Commander or something much more powerful is going to be needed. Possibly SpinRite.

Thanks !

Is that recovery software? Would it be worth buying it, or would it be cheaper if I brought my drive to a repair store that has that kind of software/application?

SpinRite is a very good application; its only like $30 or so, but it's very useful. I've used it a lot at where I work, and can sometimes make previously bad drives good again.

Hmm for some reason I thought it was $30. Maybe he upped the price or something; dunno.

I've used it several times, and is worth it IMO.

Hmm for some reason I thought it was $30. Maybe he upped the price or something; dunno.

I've used it several times, and is worth it IMO.

It's 30$ for upgrading if you have a previous version.

They also have a 30-day money back guarantee, so if it does not work with my drive, I can get my money back. That's a fair deal !

I'd say go for it, and if it works, then you have a very powerful tool to use later on. If not, then you know your drive is dead for sure, because SpinRite is usually very good about it. I've seen it warn me about a drive dying soon too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom