Windows won't boot after installing a new graphics card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messiah

Solid State Member
As you can tell I'm new here, and this is my first post! :happy:
By the way, this is all done on Windows Vista Business Edition.
Well, I got a new graphics card, a nVIDIA GeForce 6200 256MB PCI Card.
I tried to install it my self, it didn't work out to well... I know a guy who knows everything about that stuff, so I got him to do it for me, and he had it up and running (Fixed tons of other problems also) in about an hour and a half. It booted fine, and very fast over at his house. When I brought it home and hooked it to my LCD TV (My monitor fried itself :( ), Windows was booting fine, then when it got done loading I got a black screen, no mouse or anything, and my computer shut off. I tried it again, same thing over and over. I can boot into safe mode though. But when I do my computer seems a little buggy, because it freezes up when I do some things, or some things just don't even work.
*I would call my friend and find out whats going on, but he went out of town for a couple of days, and I need this working as soon as possible*

Whats possibly going wrong here? How can I get into regular mode without it messing up?

Thanks,
Messiah

your monitor fried itself? how do you know?
can you get into bios?
if you can get into bios with the monitor hooked up, you'll know at least your monitor is fine, at least for the moment

"fixed tons of other problems"

I'm suspect to this...
for example, perhaps the gpu was installed fine...then you and your buddy started doing things to it...not knowing you may have been messing up your system...then turn off...bring it home...and howdy do, you've got poo poo

is this a prebuilt machine or something assembled by someone?

edit: also....welcome!

try to reinstall the drivers. Go to the manufacturer's website and download the newest drivers that have to do with that card. Then, while in safe mode, install them. try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom