Re: Windows will not load completely
Okay, so this is what I'm getting:
0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0X8054B16A, 0XAC7C8684, 0X00000000)
Per the MSDN link that Private Joker provided it says:
Bug Check 0x8E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
The KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000008E. This bug check indicates that a kernel-mode application generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
The KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check is a very common bug check. To interpret it, you must identify which exception was generated.
Common exception codes include the following:
* 0x80000002: STATUS_DATATYPE_MISALIGNMENT indicates that an unaligned data reference was encountered.
* 0x80000003: STATUS_BREAKPOINT indicates that a breakpoint or ASSERT was encountered when no kernel debugger was attached to the system.
* 0xC0000005: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION indicates that a memory access violation occurred.
Resolving the Problem:
* Make sure you have enough disk space.
* If a driver is identified in the bug check message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates.
* Try changing video adapters.
* Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates.
* Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
* Hardware incompatibility. Make sure that any new hardware installed is listed in the Microsoft Windows Marketplace Tested Products List.
* Faulty device driver or system service. A faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this error. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate this error.
My thoughts on a solution:
The STOP error is indicating a memory issue. I currently have 3 sticks of 1Gb DIMM. I have a 4th prepared for RMA. I'm going to remove the one odd stick and try again.
Xion XON-180 Case
OCZ ModXStream 600w 50A on +12V
ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 AM3+ mobo
AMD FX-4170 Zambezi 4.2GHz [stock heatsink]
2 x 4Gb DDR3 1866 G.Skill Sniper RAM
Corsair GT 60Gb SATA3 SSD
Evga GTX 465 GPU
Windows 7 Premium