Windows Stop Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaldiva

Beta member
I am having a problem with a gateway desktop hard drive. I get a Stop 0x000000ED error UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME on Windows XP boot.

I did a chkdsk /r from the Windows Recovery CD. I still couldn't boot although the chkdsk completed.

I put the hard drive in another computer with a good OS. I booted that and tried to access the new partition so I can pull the data I need off it. Seems to have no file system associated with the partition. I get an error: H:\ is not accessible. The parameter is not correct.

I looked at the Windows Disk Management and it says there is no file system. Is there any advice I can follow to access the drive at this point? or is it wiped out?

If there is no file system can a check disk complete????

When the file system gets messed up there's no way to repair it I've ever seen. All you can do is reformat and reinstall.

You CAN use something like Easyrecovery to recover data before you reformat it though.

Thank you for your advice. I downloaded EasyRecovery and it was the only data recovery tool that I had not tried and that could actually access the folders and files I needed to recover. All the other tools would hand. Great advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom