windows server 2003 wont recognize my external usb hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddanth3

In Runtime
i have having issues with my laptop. i have windows server on it, and it wont recognize my western digital MY Book 320 gb external hard drive. i dont know why it does that. but when ever i plug in a thumb drive, it reads it. i wanna hook it up to my external hard drive so i can back up data so that i can remove Windoes server and install XP pro. but it doesnt let me back up. what should i do?? any body else heard of this kind of problem?? any help would be appreciated. thanks a lot

I have Windows Advance server 2000 running on my P3, but what made you want to put it on your laptop?
Anyway Windows Server OS's dont have the similar drivers and applications running as XP or Vista..... but you can try plugging the Ex Hard drive and then reboot the laptop to get it recognized.

Does the Ex Harddrive have 2 Usb that plug in without AC power or does it have just 1 usb and additional power that comes from the outlet?

I have Windows Advance server 2000 running on my P3, but what made you want to put it on your laptop?
Anyway Windows Server OS's dont have the similar drivers and applications running as XP or Vista..... but you can try plugging the Ex Hard drive and then reboot the laptop to get it recognized.

Does the Ex Harddrive have 2 Usb that plug in without AC power or does it have just 1 usb and additional power that comes from the outlet?

it has an additional power supply. i had to do it for my brothers work, as he works for general motars GM and they use SAP or something that i have no clue about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom