Windows Problem

Marko Ravalic

Solid State Member
Hello so i am having a problem with a brand new computer that i just bought.
Ok so i do not have a Windows on it and every time i start it on the screen says
"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"
So i plug in a USB drive it says the same thing i put in a DVD nothing changes and in BIOS booting options were on the USB and on the DVD the other time.

If you can reply i would really appreciate it

Try to boot the stick or dvd trough the boot menu. try both, uefi an legacy.
Maybe there is a problem with csm. you'll find it in the bios on the tab "boot". try all possible settings (auto, disabled, enabled uefi only, bios only, and so on...)
let me know whether it works or not.

Yes i did i anabled everything for the USB settings i set it on boot option 1 and disabled other boot options still did not work

Not a laptop its a computer i can send you my specs because sending you to a web site wont do good since is not on english

Not sure why I thought it was a laptop, my bad.

Either the specs, or just post the brand/model of the computer and we can look it up.

Ok so my specs are

Processor:AMD X2 6300
Graphics Card:AMD R7 240 2GB
Motherboard:Asus A68HM-K Socket FM2+
RAM:4GB
Hard Drive:1TB

And because the motherboard has a new BIOS 2014 i just can't figure out what to do

Did you try the Boot Quick Selection menu (not the one where you can re-order things in BIOS) and manually pick which device to boot off of?

How did you create the USB installer / disc for booting into Windows installer?

I did not try the quick boot selection and the only type of booting i see in BIOS boot is fast boot and how do you mean how did i create the USB installer

I did not try the quick boot selection and the only type of booting i see in BIOS boot is fast boot and how do you mean how did i create the USB installer

Try the quick boot selection. It's not in the BIOS menu, the key to enter the quick boot selection (or whatever it may be called for your board) will show on the splash screen, along with the other prompts to "press X to enter BIOS/Setup".

Per the usb installer...you said you tried using a USB installer for Windows - how did you create it? What tool did you use?

Back
Top Bottom