Windows Loading Problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
I recently reformatted my HDD (bought a new SE16 [640GB]) and thus had to reinstall driveirs... however, upon installing the video card drives for my 9600 gt straight off the nvidia website, I noticed on reboot that the windows loading bar froze... for quite some time (5-360 seconds) before going again... this increases my windows load time dramatically and thus is quite a hindrance when one reason I bought a faster HDD was to boot up faster...

When I uninstall the drivers, the freeze stops...

Whats going on? I also tried the drivers provided on my PNY 9600 GT's disc.

Its this screen:

bootlogo_xp.jpg

however my loading bar is green (MCE)

How about disableing the startup of the nvidia control panel in msconfig? The nvidia driver starts up a few things when you install it and I always disable them as soon as I've installed a new driver. Worth a shot?

yeah sure, I was going to do that anyways, so its a good first step

thanks for the idea, and I'll update the thread with my results

edit:

nope, the problem still exists

So it sticks at the device loading stage it sounds like. Without the drivers it does not do it but when the drivers are installed it takes longer to laod and initalise the device.

I would see if nvidia has any info of this on their site and report it.

ok, I'll do that as well

I don't really see why this is happening... the 9600 GT worked fine before the reformat/HDD change... and the HDD isn't really tied to the 9600 GT much at all, besides the fact that it loads windows/drivers...

Maybe they are conflicting with teh default drivers Windows loaded during its install?

make sure that you use drivercleaner to get rid of the old drivers.

also, why havent you loaded sp2 yet? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom