Windows keeps failing, dead ssd?

Druid

Fully Optimized
One day, windows crashed, and I could not load back into it and my screen looked like what you see. Then i reformatted my ssd, and reinstalled. Everything seemed good, but then it happened again.

By the look of it, you would almost think it was a gpu failure, but how could that also break windows? Unless it is because the pc can't boot up windows without a working gpu due to lack of onboard graphics?

Attachments

• 20150118_150137.jpg
    20150118_150137.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20150118_150356.jpg
    20150118_150356.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20150118_150345.jpg
    20150118_150345.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 3
One day, windows crashed, and I could not load back into it and my screen looked like what you see. Then i reformatted my ssd, and reinstalled. Everything seemed good, but then it happened again.

By the look of it, you would almost think it was a gpu failure, but how could that also break windows? Unless it is because the pc can't boot up windows without a working gpu due to lack of onboard graphics?

Have you tried booting into safe mode, What is making you think it is the GPU is it a recent purchase (try using a spare GPU if you have one)?

What part does it crash when booting into windows, do you see the welcome sreen or the windows boot screen?

Last edited:
That's going to be CPU or GPU. I had a bad CPU that put pink lines on my screen before, and bad VRAM on the GPU can also do that easily. As well as a few other things. Last on the list being SSD.

Have you tried booting into safe mode, What is making you think it is the GPU is it a recent purchase (try using a spare GPU if you have one)?

What part does it crash when booting into windows, do you see the welcome sreen or the windows boot screen?

Nothing is new. Don't have any other gpu's on hand. I believe I did try safe mode once and that didn't fix it. I can verify the rest for you tonight when I am back home and able to test this.

My vote is for GPU as well, especially if it's doing that while in BIOS.

Would really hope it is the GPU over the CPU. God, if the CPU has gone bad, that would mean I need to do an entirely new build.

Gonna monkey with the ram as well.

Could one bad gpu cause this? I know my second one was from bstock and sometimes causes me to blue screen in games if SLI is enabled. It's not in the primary slot though.

Nothing is new. Don't have any other gpu's on hand. I believe I did try safe mode once and that didn't fix it. I can verify the rest for you tonight when I am back home and able to test this.

Would really hope it is the GPU over the CPU. God, if the CPU has gone bad, that would mean I need to do an entirely new build.

Gonna monkey with the ram as well.

Really? Why not just buy the same CPU and just swap them out? Unless I am not understanding correctly? That is if it is a CPU issue.

Back
Top Bottom