Windows Installer Error Message - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2007, 10:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Windows Installer Error Message

I recently tried to install a trial version of Macromedia Flash 8. While installing, it said I needed to upgrade my Windows Installer in order to continue. I clicked yes, and this error message came up:

Error Starting Program
The WINDOWSINSTALLER-KB884016-V2-X86.EXE file is linked to missing export NTDLL.DLL:NtOpenProcessToken.
After that it said the installation of the Windows Installer upgrade failed, and it terminated the Macromedia Flash 8 installation.

How can I fix this error?

Old 06-03-2007, 05:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Default Re: Windows Installer Error Message

Go onto the Windows Update site and do it through there. Start>Microsoft Update.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Windows Installer Error Message

That didn't help, sorry.

All it did was list a whole ton of stupid updates for language packs.

And I had to dig deep through my harddrive to find IE (I use FF and Microsoft, being the cheap idiots that they are, said I had to be running Microsoft Internet Explorer to even view the page). Thanks for trying to help, though. ^^
Closed Thread