Windows Install Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

McHopsky

In Runtime
I got the blue screen of death, well, kind of, when attempting to enter the Windows Set Up. I have a program that doesnt work with XP x64 edition and I really wanted to use it, so I unplugged the main harddrive and plugged in a spare and wanted to install XP Pro on it. Then I'd just switch out the hard drives whenever I needed something off one of them. I plugged it in, put XP Pro cd in the drive and started the computer. The Windows Setup blue screen came up and at the bottom left it was loading various drivers and whatnot. When it approached "Launching Windows Setup" (or whatever) the screen flashed to a blue error screen. So basically before it could even get to the Windows set up where you format, partition, install windows, etc. it crashed. I jotted down a little bit of what it said...

An error has occured and Windows has stopped... blah blah blah.

Contacting your vendor for a BIOS update, blah blah blah.

Try changing video adapter. Enter BIOS options and disable caching or shadowing, blah blah blah.

Technical Information: (States something about driver below has an error).

pci.sys

My BIOS is fairly up to date, video adapter is fine... not sure what is going on here. I've restarted several times aswell. I've used this XP disc many times before. I have this drive set up as slave at the moment and seems to work fine. Any idea what would cause the loading of set up to crash?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

pci.sys could be corrupt on your windows CD, try copying the disk using nero or something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom