Windows freezing at splash screen after PSU upgrade

Did you try a single stick of RAM in each slot one at a time?

Thanks, that did the trick. I took all out except one and moved its location to another slot. She booted up.

I get a DQS training failed on previous boot, reverted to slower DRAM speed at post. Press DEL to Resume
I then have to press DEL to continue and it throws me into BIOS ... I default to optimal settings, an option that my BIOS has because I don't know what else to do in BIOS.

The computer will soft boot fine but I get the same message if I hard reboot. It takes a long time to start post and stops with the DQS message.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, that did the trick. I took all out except one and moved its location to another slot. She booted up.

I get a DQS training failed on previous boot, reverted to slower DRAM speed at post. Press DEL to Resume
I then have to press DEL to continue and it throws me into BIOS ... I default to optimal settings, an option that my BIOS has because I don't know what else to do in BIOS.

The computer will soft boot fine but I get the same message if I hard reboot. It takes a long time to start post and stops with the DQS message.

Any suggestions?

Did you just upgrade the ram in the computer, or is it the same ram you've been using?

Any suggestions?

Post the model of your motherboard (or if it's a prebuilt, post the brand/model), and post the model of your RAM stick(s).

Same RAM sticks that I have had for over a year.

MOBO: Biostar A770E3
RAM: (2x4gb) Kingston HyperX - in blue slots and (2x2gb) Mushkin Silverline in tan slots

They go 4gb/4gb(blue slots side by side) and 2gb/2gb(tan slots side by side)

I may have a bad 2gb Muskin Silverline... being that I took those out in order to cable management my rig when I installed my upgraded PSU.

Could you post the model numbers of the sticks, or at least the frequency/timings/voltages?

Could you post the model numbers of the sticks, or at least the frequency/timings/voltages?

Where can I find that information in Windows or do I have to take the sticks out to find out?

I'm thinking frequency is 1333, they are DDR3 sticks.

Type: DDR3
Size: 12GB
Channel# Dual
DC Mode: Unganged
NB Frequency: 1999.9 MHz
TIMINGS:
DRAM Frequency: 666.6 MHz
FSB:DRAM: 3:10
CAS# Latency (CL): 9.0 clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD): 9 clocks
RAS# Precharge (tRP): 9 clocks
Cycle Time (tRAS): 24 clocks
Bank Cycle Time (tRC): 33 clocks
Command Rate (CR): 2T
DRAM Idle Timer: DIMMED OUT
Total CAS# (tRDRAM): DIMMED OUT
Row to Column (tRCD): DIMMED OUT

Sorry I couldn't get a print screen of this for some reason. But that is all of the info that CPU-Z gives me under the Memory Tab.

Last edited:
Here is everything. Sorry, I figured out the print screen.

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Untitled4.jpg
    Untitled4.jpg