Windows freezing at splash screen after PSU upgrade

mwwwilson

In Runtime
Hey all,

I just upgraded PSUs on my gaming rig and Windows will not boot up. I have a dual boot screen, default is Windows 7 with the option of Windows 8.1. Never had problems with boot up before this PSU was installed. BTW swapped a 530W with a 750W. If that matters or means anything.

When I swapped PSUs I did the following:

Took out both HD (SATA 1: SSD/SATA 2: HDD)... the SSD has the OS's, took out 2 RAM sticks, took out GPU. I took my time installing the PSU for optimal cable management. Installed and hooked up cabling, reinstalled HDDs, RAM and GPU. Windows freezes on splash screen on both Win7 and Win8.

I tried to boot from Win8 disk... freezes at splash screen. I have run memory tests, checked BIOS for boot up options.

I tried booting with SSD installed only. Same results. What is weird is that this happens just a few seconds into the splash screen... on both Win7 and Win8.

This has to be a memory problem, right? I attempted to boot with the 2 RAM sticks, out during PSU install, out allowing only the 2 RAM sticks that stayed in during PSU install... same results. Did the opposite with the RAM... same thing.

So what is it?
CMOS/BIOS problem? I flashed the BIOS and CMOS
RAM problem? I ran tests... all good, tried booting with only 2 sticks
SSD problem?
MOBO problem?

I'm at a total loss here. Please help me out with some suggestions... other than reformatting and reinstalling Windows.

So I know I wrote a book explaining my situation. Just wanted to give as much information as possible.

Does nobody know or does nobody want to give me the bad news?
Maybe nobody wants to read my book.

So I know I wrote a book explaining my situation and...
Does nobody know or does nobody want to give me the bad news?

Sure thing give us your full hardware specs, without that info first its like fixing an old car in a pitch black garage. :/

Thanks

Sure thing give us your full hardware specs, without that info first its like fixing an old car in a pitch black garage. :/

Thanks

Eh, kinda - there's still basic troubleshooting you can do without being able to see what you're working on :p.

Eh, kinda - there's still basic troubleshooting you can do without being able to see what you're working on :p.

To carry the analogy even further than it should .. you can also start a car and hear if there is a problem without actually seeing anything :D <3

To carry the analogy even further than it should .. you can also start a car and hear if there is a problem without actually seeing anything :D <3

Exactly! :p Kinda what I was going for. That or a mechanic asking you to describe the sounds it's making or behaviors over the phone, lol.

Back
Top Bottom