Re: Windows does not recognize sound card
Yeah I know that error is related to the GPU. But I have done so many things trying to solve this, I am going mad.
This is what I have done so far:
1. installed new drivers, older drivers, all using a driver cleaner
2. did a fresh install of Windows 7 with only the necessary drivers
3. RMA'd the card through EVGA
4. tested the memory, one stick at a time, different slots, no errors
5. installed a new PSU, Corsair 850HX
6. cleared the CMOS
7. I keep an eye on the temps, nothing overheating
8. installed the newest chipset drivers
9. updated the bios to the latest version
All I can think of right now.
One reason I believe this to be MOBO or hardware related is because the outlet that this computer was plugged into was not grounded(old house) and I would get shocked while I was holding a coax cable and touching the case at the same time. For some reason, it was producing 50 volts in the ground hole even though there is not a ground wire hooked up.
That is the main reason I believe it is a hardware problem.
Intel Core i7 email@example.com
ATI Radeon HD5870
Corsair 6gb DDR3 1600
Corsair 850HX PSU
OCZ Vertex 2 120gb SSD
WD Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500gb
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
I know someone who pressed yes...
His home and family Combusted Spontaneously...