Windows does not recognize my disc drive.

Notedog

Baseband Member
This my set up AMD A10-5700, Silverstone SST-PS07B - System Build - PCPartPicker

Windows tech support confirmed it was not a software problem. Here's where I stand. Before just now, the disc drive would open, the power light would come on, and it would take discs, but Windows would not acknowledge that I had a disc drive.

So I opened it up and saw that the power and sata cables were properly in place, but I gave it a different output from the power source, and put the sata cable in a different slot on the motherboard.

NOW, Windows STILL doesn't acknowledge my disc drive, and the disc drive very quickly closes on it's own without the button being pressed.

I've actually had this problem for a year now, it's just that I've RARELY had to use discs until now. Funny thing is though, I'm pretty sure I installed Windows 8 using this disc drive.

Can anyone help? I can take pictures of the insides if it helps.

Edit- I tried downloading this, but it says "error, no disk drive detected" http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_2039-file_JL03.EXE.html

It's like Windows doesn't even acknowledge it's existence.

Last edited:
Thanks a.sprecic. I went to the boot menu and noticed that from THERE, it is recognized that my blu-ray drive exists. I also noticed that the SATA port it was in was listed as disabled. I enabled it and restarted my computer. Although the disc drive no longer immediately shuts, Windows still does not recognize it.

EDIT- I may have found a problem. I downloaded the driver for Liteon ihes 212 3 But I think I have Liteon ihes 112 4, (but the bios screen lists it as 112 3) I'm having trouble finding the driver for that. Can you help me?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom