Windows cannot install to this disk. SSD

narpuppy

Baseband Member
Hello, I have spent hours trying to fix this problem. I have tried putting the sata controller in IDE and AHCI, I have tried deleting the partition and reformatting the drive, I have tried plugging the ssd into a different sata slot, I have tried pretty much everything I could think of/find on forums.

I know this is a problem that forums have have been made on before, but the thing is that I have looked and looked and tried every fix I could find and nothing has worked so far. I've spent well over 3 hours trying to fix this problem.

EDIT: I found someone to help with this problem, sorry about that.

Last edited:
Mind sharing how you solved it in case somebody else stumbles upon the thread with a similar situation?

Gotcha - what'd you end up doing to get it working? Diskpart commands to clean the disk?

Nothing yet. They haven't done what I recommended yet. I told them to try partitioning/formatting in Windows and copy files to and from it to see if it'll work in Windows. If it works, update the firmware and repeat first process. If that works, format it again and shut the machine down then unplug the boot HDD and try installing Windows to the SSD. Delete partition and let Windows create the system partition and secondary partition. If that fails send it back. An FYI, it's a cheap Kingston SSDNow.

Back
Top Bottom