Windows cannot detect hard drive on installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnlperX

Beta member
I am currently trying to install Vista 32 bit on one of my computers. Right after I click on the custom install pops up the screen when it should show the driver in which I would like to install vista on. Only problem is it doesn't display my hard drive. Ive tried several things to fix it but nothing. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L. Ive looked on other forums to see that people said that I needed to install drivers. Problem is I'm not sure where i can find the drivers. Ive look on the Gigabyte site for them but am not sure what to look for. Where can i find Sata drivers for my motherboard. Sorry im new at this. Any help would be appreciated, thanks :stare:

You don't need drivers. Have you gone into BIOS (F1 or Delete), to see if your hard drive is recognized? Could just be a bad cable.

Hi,

Go to your SATA/IDE controller in your BIOS, and enable SATA port that is connected to your Hard Drive, if not enable all ports (it won't hurt your computer). This should be especially easy if you use a mobo with a GUI. I believe the new ones ship with them. If not, check if you have connected the hard drive to the mobo and to the psu.

Otherwise, go back to the retail shop and ask him to replace your HDD.

Hope this helps

Hope this helps.

All SATA ports are open by default. It's only back in the PATA days you could do that.

Use GParted, see if this will recognize your hdd. You can format from that as well. Guide in my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom