All the proper cooling / fans of course
------------------------------------------------

When we turn it on, it asks if we want to start Windows in
- Safe Mode
- Safe Mode w/ Networking
- Safe Mode w/ Command Prompt

- Last known good blah

-Normal Mode

When you choose any of these options, it acts like it is going to start (sometimes even QUICKLY split second flashes the Windows Logo loading thing), and then restarts and starts again.
This is the second power supply we have tried in it, although I think the computer needed a bigger one in the first place anyway. We also tried Fail-Safe Defaults, Optimized Defaults, and even tried using ONE stick of the TWO 1gb RAMS, in multiple different slots.

Now we are convinced it is something over my head, that maybe someone of you would know about (RAM Timings, Clock speeds, and other Advanced Bios stuff I just havent gotten to yet.)

If ANYONE knows ANYTHING or even any little suggestions that you MIGHT think would have any positive effect, PLEASE dont hesitate to say. At this point, we are willing to try anything to get this to work.

Thank you SO much,
-Suru

(PS - If anyone is feeling up to maybe getting on some type of messenger program with us and helping us out there, it would be GREATLY appreciated. More than you can ever know. Thanks again)

Yea I am starting to think you added the HD with Windows on this newly build computer, this would absolutely create issue like the one you are describing. You must reinstall windows on the new machine.

Well. . .to tell you the truth, yes.

BUT, we DID think of that, and reinstalled Windows, but its still doing the same thing. Although, we didn't completely reformat, we just reinstalled over the old Windows path. . .

Should we try a FRESH harddrive?

Yes, Format it. Afterward if your motherboard came with any drivers make sure you install those, and any other drivers for your hardware.

No its not a SATA, although, we DO have an IDE / SATA PCI Card we could try plugging the HDD into. . .

I guess we can try reformatting, or finding a blank drive somewhere.

We will just skip the PCI card unless you guys think it will help.

Thanks again so far, hopefully we can get this sorted out tonight.

[Edit: ALSO, the drive is Partitioned, don't ask me why, but would it be worth it to try installing Windows on the partition?]

Just use the IDE connector. I don't think you gain any performace from a PCI SATA card, since you'll be running on the PCI bus.

I usually recommend to people that they install Windows with just the basic hardwares like the CPU,RAM,Vid card,cd/dvd and Harddrive so it's much easier to tackle the problem if it occur. Then you could add the rest of hardwares. You don't have to do this, I just wanted to point it out. ;)

Yeah thats how we have it right now, just the bare mins.

So you wouldn't reccomend trying Windows on the partition?

The partition you are installing over will be gone when you format, it should not be a problem if you format and reinstall Windows. Is that what you were thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom