Windows blue screen!please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

54myg3r0

Baseband Member
Hello people,
I'm in reeeaaaally deep ****. So please help me it s very important.So the story is:I have windows XP and two hard disks.One with windows on it and the other without. I tried to copy the whole season 2 of prison break....Big file....on the hard disk that hadn't windows on it, and suddenly the blue screen appeared with the physical memory dump thing.I restarted the pc and now when i try to enter that specific hard drive it says it s not formated.Does that mean that i have lost everything i had on that disk?or is there a way to fix this problem?Please answer the fastest you can....If you need any hardware specifications ask me i'll respond as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your time

Is it an external, or internal hard drive? Try taking the hard drive out and putting it in a different computer, if it is internal that is. If it says the same thing on the other computer, then yes, you do have a dead hard drive on your hands. Also try switching out the IDE cable, or SATA, respectively.

thanks for answering,
It is an internal drive.Just few questions. Since windows operates correctly (it is installed on the hard drive that works),why should the "broken" one work on an other pc? and is the IDE cable the cable that sets the primary or slave thing?
Thanks for the help.

As far as working in another PC, he means as a slave drive, not a primary drive. You will add this to the boot drive, and see if you can access it that way.

As far as the IDE cable, yes and no to answer your question... The drives have jumper pins, which will force master/slave, and usually if there is no pin present, it will default to cable select. With cable select, the drive priority depends on where it is connected.

If your Master/Slave settings worked in the past before the issue, you shouldn't have to touch any jumper settings at all.

I use GetDataBack and has worked for me in the past. This software at times workes "too" well. I will give you items off the drive that have been already deleted, anything and everything it can find. Only set back to this is if the drive is failing, I have seen this software take up to 40 hours but its not likely to take that long. It does do a very good job. After extracting the data you will have to format the drive before being able to use it. After format I would recommend running a test or even a good old chkdsk /r on the drive before moving any data over to it. Also might want to check out your RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom