Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TonCrafter said:
Windows just 'squawked' at me again. Do you all think I should reformat after my recent mobo change?
I think you should update your mobo drivers...and every other driver system-wide.

TheMajor said:
It is always best to re-install Windows if you replace the motherboard. Except if it is the exact same model.

id still reinstall even if it was the same mobo becausr it could be a different chpset

Well, the mobo was replaced with the same model, BUT according to Alienware the mobo is an 'updated' version, so a format would be in order.

TonCrafter said:
Well, the mobo was replaced with the same model, BUT according to Alienware the mobo is an 'updated' version, so a format would be in order.

tats what i mean it could be same model same version but updated with newer things

Ok fellas. I reformatted the comp and got all new drivers and such. STILL graphical weirdness on startup and the same windows error. What do you think I should do now? Could it be my video card thats the problem?

It could be, or it could be the RAM. Like I said before, you should try and test your main hardware component by unplugging and removing any unecessary hardware and just leave the CPU,RAM and Video card. If this distortion occurs, trouble shoot the RAM first, if not then Video card.

If the problem don't occur when you have just the CPU,RAM and Video card on, then start adding 1 hardware at a time. Start with the Harddrive until the problem is produce.

Law said:
It could be, or it could be the RAM. Like I said before, you should try and test your main hardware component by unplugging and removing any unecessary hardware and just leave the CPU,RAM and Video card. If this distortion occurs, trouble shoot the RAM first, if not then Video card.

If the problem don't occur when you have just the CPU,RAM and Video card on, then start adding 1 hardware at a time. Start with the Harddrive until the problem is produce.

Yeah, I'll go through it all and see what happens. Thanks for the help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom