Windows 8.1 Speakers not working

CompT

Baseband Member
I finished building my PC and everything is fine. But, my speakers aren't working.
I have tried searching and doing everything including:
1. Check for updated drivers (they are updated)
2. Device Manager (It says Code 45: Not connected to computer)
3. Restart PC
4. Reconnect the speakers
5. Troubleshooter for audio devices

The most helpful thing is the device manager, it says that my speakers aren't connected but I checked and reconnected them and it still doesn't work. HELP!

Where did you check for drivers from? Did you go to the audio chipset manufacturer's website?

What kind of speakers are they? Are you plugging them into the front or rear ports?

@cb600fshornet Both. Idk why
@carnageX Checked when the pop-up said "Check for drivers online" The speakers are plugged into the rear motherboard ports and I checked that they were in the right spots. The speakers type, can't help you there. Sorry.

Does the Sound section in Control Panel recognize any audio device?

Does Device Manager recognize your sound card at least?

@cb600fshornet Both. Idk why
@carnageX Checked when the pop-up said "Check for drivers online" The speakers are plugged into the rear motherboard ports and I checked that they were in the right spots. The speakers type, can't help you there. Sorry.

The USB is likely to be providing the power to the speakers, I suspect theoretically you should be able to plug the USB into a wall charger, and as long as the 2.5mm jack is plugged in, it should work fine.

Can you show us a screenshot of your device manager? Searching online for updates using Windows Update may not have got the drivers, you should have got an installation CD with the motherboard with audio drivers on it.

If you've plugged in a different soundcard, then you'll need to make sure you've installed drivers for that.

Also, as Joe said, sure the speakers are working? :p

Back
Top Bottom