Windows 7 showing more ram than installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well according to CPU-Z you are running on 4GB of ram total...

I think your copy of windows is for some reason counting your page file/virtual ram as real ram...

I think your copy of windows is for some reason counting your page file/virtual ram as real ram...

Nah, just tried adjusting the virtual memory size and restarting and didn't change it. Plus wouldn't make sense that it would include it with some ram sticks but not with the others. I'm at a loss here.

I am also at a loss as to that reason, but if CPU-Z is reporting your total correctly, then well, it's working as it should, is it ONLY the windows operating system that is reporting that?

Maybe only a reinstall will fix it. But it is not harming the memory in any way. Windows just can't add 2 + 2 :lol:

yea, i mean it's working and all and no issues with my rams performance, so i guess i shouldn't be worried. just figured better safe than sorry. i'd rather hear about issues someone else ran into in a situation like this than run into it myself, ya know? anyway, only other thing i can tell you guys is i wrote down the numbers on the backs of the sticks. not sure if any of this helps at all, but these were purchased as the same ram from newegg, but different numbers and a different setup on the sticks themselves. anyways, here's the numbers:

From the ram reading the correct ram in windows 7:
MT8JTF12864AZ1G4F1 1030
1GB 1R8 PC3-10600 V-9-10-A0
DPAA9GR011
DX111J1.T6

From the ram reading incorrectly:
MT4JTF12864AZ-1G4D1 1030
1GB 1R16 PC3-10600V-9-10-C0
DPAA9E3005
DX111JF.MH

Not sure if these numbers would indicate anything here, but figured I might as well throw them out there.

I am also at a loss as to that reason, but if CPU-Z is reporting your total correctly, then well, it's working as it should, is it ONLY the windows operating system that is reporting that?

yes, my bios is reading them correctly as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom