Windows 7 Freezing (no BSOD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phuNkii

Beta member
My first post on this forums so.. Heys :)

My computer specs:
Motherboard : Asrock H55M LGA1156
Processor: Intel Core i5 750 2,66GHz
RAM: Kingston 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3, 1333MHz
Hard drive: 1TB, SATA2
GFX: ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB
Power Supply : LC5550 550 WAT

The problem im having is that my computer just sometimes freezes, without the blue screen but still i have to reboot.. Sometimes i can play a game for like 2-3 hours and nothing happens but then sometimes i start my computer go on youtube and want to listen to some song and my computer frezzes at some point and the sound chrashes also, a hrrrrrrrrrshshsh still plays on my headphones till i reboot, I restart, open last session in firefox, play the same song and the same thing happens again lol.. I update windows everytime i get notificied for an update.. Still im having this problem.. I googled the problem and saw that im not the only one expiriencing this, but theres no fix i can find for this..

Hope anyone has a sollution..

EDIT:

hwmonitorr.jpg

Hmm, it might be your PSU, but wait for someone else on that topic. I'm not all to sure about that.

Secondly, I would run memtest86+ just to make sure.

Might be your RAM. Try taking one out and see if it helps. If not then plug the other one in again and take the other out...
Or try memtest86 as suggested.

I tried the Windows Memory Diagnostic and it found no errors.. My pc freezed like 4 times today ;S

Reason I asked if the drivers are up to date is because not always the updated drivers function well...or outdated drivers also (some do, some don't). Every time your PC freezes, is it because of a sound related issue? Like listening music, youtube, game, etc? Or does it freeze on other applications that does not require sound usage such as Word and general web surfing?

Yeah ussualy when im on youtube listening to some music the screen freezes, i get a hrshrshrshhrsh sound coming out of my headphones and the computer needs a are reboot.. But sometimes it crashes just when im checking facebook.. I thought it maybe a problem with the adobe flash player or something?

Generally speaking, it does look like there is an issue with your PSU, but that's totally isolated from the freezing issue. (voltages don't look right. At least, not compared to my own computer, and the three other computers I have in my house)

That said, each time it's frozen, what were you doing?

You said it froze 4 times in a day, well, what were all the things you were doing each time before it froze. Did anything that was the same as the last time? Or different? If so, what?

Do NOT trust the Windows RAM tester for accurate results. Use MemTest86 for more accurate results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom