win7 stuck on "starting windows" - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default win7 stuck on "starting windows"

I had previously posted a thread on other forum about my laptop heavily lagging for no reason. Then i got some replies to clean up my hardware, which i did earlier today and i made about 60gb free by deleting movies and unnecessary files.

After like 5 hours of leave, i turned my laptop on, and its stuck on boot loading screen for abt 10 minutes and then reboots itself to repair mode. Even after that, the problem was not fixed at all...

I even tried to boot into safemode, and that didnt work either!

I did another try of repair mode which took way longer than the first one(5~6hrs)
Then it said it couldnt diagnose the problem...

Plz help...

Old 04-18-2012, 05:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Re: win7 stuck on "starting windows"

Are you going into repair mode via windows cd?

Old 04-20-2012, 05:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Networking Apprentice
Default Re: win7 stuck on "starting windows"

I would assume not. When a PC reboots into safe mode it would run it from the HDD which has windows installed which would also cause safemode to be wrecked as well. Try booting in from a windows recovery CD or maybe a linux cd. I know these funny linux Cd's can help to fix windows issues. Funny how it doesn't work in reverse though
If you liked what I say or just want to share the love click the scales on the bottom left of my post. :)
Closed Thread