win xp with sp2 freezes during shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

lheggie

Baseband Member
I have a laptop that is running windows xp home with service pack 2. The system has a 1.4 Ghz celeron M processor, 512 mb Ram, 80 GB hd. I have installed all of the critical updates from windows and have installed all of the hardware updates as well.

the system intermittently locks up during shutdown and has dont this for some time now. I have been to the windows fixes and have done all that they suggested and still have this intermittent shut down problem.

I have run spysweeper and have scanned for viruses via my norton antivirus. I ran ccleaner and cleaned out all of my temp internet files, cookies , history and cache. I have even run the disk defrag.

I appreciate any and all help.

thanks

sorry i think I posted this is the wrong thread. I have been searching the threads for a couple hours now and must of just forgot which one I was in. again sorry!

It sounds like its not shutting a program properly. I know there is a problem with hibernation and shutting down but not sure what it is. Next time it hangs during shutdown try to open your task manager alt control delete to open it and check applications and running processes and see if that will give you any clues.

Ok thanks i will try that .. first I think I am going to change my power settings so that it never goes into hybernation unless it is running on battery power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom