Will not install Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about the IDE cables but I know that the Optical drive works just fine for the simple fact that the one I am using is pulled from a working machine, and the fact that I have tried around 7 drives of varying types (i.e. DVD, CD, CD-RW, DVD-CD-RW, so on and so forth). I just finished the bios wipe method that was suggested earlier. I am working on another comp that I just got up and running. When I am done checking that one out I will repost on the findings on the other comp that I am having problems with.

If BIOS finds the CD drive and the H/D then it isn't the cables. If your BIOS is set to boot from CD first and it still won't go, then I would look at the CD drive or the disc itself even though you tested them as working. Also have you run Memtest on your RAM?

The ram has been tested and comes out as good and the bios shows the ram for what it is. I am really confused on this **** comp. No matter what I do and how well your advice is, nothing seems to work. This is the second comp I have attempted to build and I am running out of Metallic spray paint. I am so very frustrated with this thing but they are counting on me to get it done. Thank you all for all of your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom