Will I notice a Huge General Performance Drop Between Nforce3 and a Via Chipset?

What do you celebrate?

• Christmas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hanukah

• Festivus (for the rest of us)

• Other

• None

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyotaka

In Runtime
Appearntly Nvidia F'd up. and the 6800 Series are completely Incompatable with the Nforce3.. Causes stuttering/lag issues in game NO FIX YET (known for a year or more)

anyhow I really don't wanna pull a board out of my water cooled system and spend another 100 bucks.. Unless there will be relatively little performance differance.. Never used any of Via's products so...

Also What Board would you people reccomend that is socket 754 and has a via chipset. for gaming.

I allready have AGPFW disabled Btw.. but it lags every now and then still.. Can screw up some games.

Before you go and buy some new stuff, there is a couple other things you can do to try and prevent the stuttering that is common with NF3 boards and 6XXX vid cards. Have a look here:
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=4758&st=0

But, to answer your original question, perhaps, this mobo would be good for you. It uses the VIA chipset and meets your other requirements. I cant give you a personal review on this mobo, as I have not used it myself. I can tell you that MSI has a pretty good reputation, and I dont forsee you having any problems with it.

Previously, I never knew about the NF3/6XXX incompatibility. If I had, I might have gone with a X800XL originally. But, I havent had any problems. Perhaps the newer releases of the 6XXX cards and NF3 mobos have the problem resolved, as I have built my system fairly recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom