WiFi problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevelenihan

Baseband Member
My pc has been connected to the internet through a wifi(802.11g) network now for 3 months and iv had no problems up til today. I was chattin on msn messenger and it suddenly lost its connection to the network and cant reconnect since. The windows wireless network tool says the network has a full signal but a utility i got with the wireless adapter card shows the signal jumping from no signal to full. i hav another pc downstairs which uses a ethernet connection and it works fine so its not a problem with the ISP. the WiFi connection is open and my house is a long way from other buildings so nobody could be leaching off my network. I havn't moved the router or got any new equipment lately that could be causing interference either. Any one have any idea whats wrong?

ok there are several things you could do
1) checking for interference; any cordless phones that may be 2.4 ghz
2) reinstalling the driver; refreshing the system's driver is always a good idea
3) checking your utilty; its very common that the system's utility could have been triggered with key combinations

Before continuing--what type of system? what type of wireless card?(look in dvc mgr) what kind of router?

Thanks for the help guys, restarting the router fixed it. Im still clueless though as to what could have caused this problem in the 1st place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom