Wifi issues Windows Vista

Thesaladdodger

Beta member
Ok, hoping you guys can get me out of a hole.
The wireless card on my Acer 5920 stopped working to the point it wouldnt let my system boot even to POST. I took the card out and the laptop booted fine.
I installed a new Realtek 8187b card, installed all the drivers and according to windows (vista 32bit) its installed and working fine.
However when I try to scan for wireless networks and finds nothing. Problem solver thing tells me wireless isnt activated. So I press the wireless button on the laptop and it says No device in green letters on the bottom of the screen. Go into mobility centre and it is greyed out on the wireless section.
Anyone had this problem before? Any help is appreciated.

Is the wireless device getting hot, if its warming to fast, it maybe already dead.
I had a similiar problems like yours, same driver but different wirelss device.
Your best option for now is to invest in a belkin micro wireless usb device 150.
Does much better and not dealing with a blocky usb stick that breaks after awhile.

Ok, hoping you guys can get me out of a hole.
The wireless card on my Acer 5920 stopped working to the point it wouldnt let my system boot even to POST. I took the card out and the laptop booted fine.
I installed a new Realtek 8187b card, installed all the drivers and according to windows (vista 32bit) its installed and working fine.
However when I try to scan for wireless networks and finds nothing. Problem solver thing tells me wireless isnt activated. So I press the wireless button on the laptop and it says No device in green letters on the bottom of the screen. Go into mobility centre and it is greyed out on the wireless section.
Anyone had this problem before? Any help is appreciated.

Hi there,
The specs for your computer are as follows. Please scroll down for help.
Part Number Varies by specifications
Processor / Speed Intel® Centrino® Duo mobile processor technology, featuring
Intel® Core™2 Duo mobile processor T7300/T7500/T7700 (4 MB L2 cache, 2/2.2/2.4 GHz, 800 MHz FSB),
or T7100 (2 MB L2 cache, 1.8 GHz, 800 MHz FSB), supporting Intel® 64 architecture
Core Logic Chipset Mobile Intel® GM965 Express
System Bus Speed 800 MHz
RAM / Max RAM Up to 2 GB of DDR2 667 MHz memory, upgradeable to 4 GB using two soDIMM modules (dual-channel support)
Video Subsystem Mobile Intel® GM965 Express Chipset with integrated 3D graphics, featuring Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) X3100 with up to 358 MB of Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 4.0 (8 MB of dedicated system memory, up to 350 MB of shared system memory), supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 9 and DirectX® 10
LCD Properties 15.4" WXGA high-brightness Acer CrystalBriteâ„¢ TFT LCD, 1280 x 800 pixel resolution
Hard Disk Drive up to 250 GB
Optical Drive 8X DVD-Super Multi
(varies by model)
Battery, Primary ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard: supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
44.4 W 4000 mAh Li-ion 6-cell battery pack with up to 3.0-hour battery life: 2.5-hour rapid charge system-off
3.5-hour charge-in-use
Sound Subsystem Intel® High Definition audio support
S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface) support for digital speakers
Dolby®-certified surround sound system with two built-in Acer 3DSonic stereo speakers
Built-in microphone
SoundBlaster Proâ„¢ and MS Sound compatible
PCCard Support 1Type II PCCard slot
1 ExpressCardâ„¢/54 slot
Pointing Device Touchpad
Peripheral Subsystem 4 USB 2.0, 1 VGA, 1 IEEE 1394, 1 Consumer infrared (CIR),
1 S-video/TV-out (NTSC/PAL), 1 Headphone/speaker/line-out jack with S/PDIF support
1 Microphone-in jack, 1 Line-in jack
5-in-1 card reader (SDâ„¢, MMC, MS, MS PRO, xD)Acer Crystal Eye integrated 310,000 pixel CMOS camera
(on selected models)
Modem 56K ITU V.92 PPT approved, Wake-on-Ring ready
Ethernet Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready with Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (dual-band tri-mode 802.11a/b/g) Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, supporting Acer SignalUp™ wireless technology

Bluetooth® 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
(on selected models)
Dimensions / Weight 14.4" x 10.8" x 1.3/1.7"
6.17 lbs. (with primary battery)
AC Power 100-240V AC AutoSensing Adapter

Environment
Shock
Operational/Non-Operational
5 G max. pulse / 40 G max. pulse
Vibration
Non-Operational
5-27HZ, 0.16" p-p, 2g peak, 27-500HZ
Temperature
+5ºC - +35ºC / -20ºC - +50ºC
Humidity
10% - 90% / 10% - 90%
Altitude
10,000 ft / 40,000 ft
Operating System Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium
Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Basic
(varies by model)

Some of this series has wireless switches on the side of the laptop. (If Applicable) Please look on the side to see if your switch is in the on position. Upon review of your computer, I did not see a switch.

Try rebooting your system.

For professionals only, don't try.
1. Open up your computer.
2. Look for the card labeled 43-D-33, That is your internet card.
3. Carefully remove the card.
4. Expell power from computer.
5. Put the card back in.

If this operation is not done properly, you can potentally damage your computer.

Back
Top Bottom