Wierd usb problem causing pc to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
I posted this before but ithought it was vista that was the problem but it still happens.

Sometimes when i plug a usb in, my pc monitor goes to sleep and the only way to turn it on is the restart button on my case.

This has been happening for the past month and idk why.
I switced the usb port in my mobo, clean xp format.
And this time it happens with whatever i plug in the 2 ext usb ports on my case...
it doesnt happen all the time, its random.

Does anyone have a clue why this is happening?
is their anything i need to change in my bios.

theres a setting in control panel. go to control panel, go to power options, theres a button under it that says change when the computer sleeps. click that, go to advance options, then down to USB settings. that should fix it. thats the VISTA fix anyway. I cant remember the XP fix at the moment, if you want I can look that up, but it should be something similar to that, it will be in control panel under power options.

it should be there, huh. course what version of vista do you have? wouldnt think that would matter but i could be wrong im using vista ultimate.

it should be there, huh. course what version of vista do you have? wouldnt think that would matter but i could be wrong im using vista ultimate.

im not using vista anymore.
im on xp pro and i didnt see any usb option.
the wierd part is that i thought it would go away with a clean format and diff os but its still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom