Wierd Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBizzle

Solid State Member
I decided to upgrade a few months back and everythign was fine.... This is my setup now....

AMD 3500+
Gigabyte - GA-K8N-Sli
BFG 7800 GT OC
1 gig OCZ RAM
500 Watt Ultra PSU

... i think the rest is insignificant in my case....

Anyway everythign was working fine fro quite some time.... then I bought a 19" Dawoo flatscreen monitor, and ent to dual monitors. I dont know/remember if the problems started happening before or after so i dont know if that had anythign to do with it.... but now its happening almost 3 - 5 times a day now, where i will be playing a game or listening to music or just chatting online when all the sudden my computer will go to a blue screen with some error ( to fast to read) the restarts. sometimes whn it comes back on i get the "report error" from windows, and sometimes it just restarts like nothing happened. i dont know what is going on, but sometimes it says driver errors, but cant determin which driver.... ahh sorry for lack of info any help will be appreciated.

is one of your monitors pluged into your onboard video if it is windows is having a conflict try disabling the onboard and see if that helps if not uninstall ans reinstall your video drivers for both cards

I assume you have a dual head graphics card?

Are you using any thirdparty (non windows) utilities for multiple monitors?

its the error and IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL_TO type error?

have you installed any other applications/utilities esp firewalls or antivirus software recently?

I have no 3rd party utilities... I couldnt tell you what kind of error, I get the blue screen but its so fast i cant read it. As far as viruses and all that, I was having this problem before i put internet on new HDD after buying a new one just recently.
(BTW its a 7200 RPM SATA Maxtor, if it matters) this is my first time going SATA, so maybe a problem there... but then again I had this problem on old HDD (but got worse and worse til I couldnt turn on computer)

It just happened again and when i restarted i got 2 error messages to report:

The error was caused by an unrecoverable hardware error which forced the operating system to stop functioning.

Although we know the problem is caused by a hardware component, unfortunately the error report does not contain enough information to tell us the specific component. More than likely the problem is being caused by problems with one or more of the following computer components:

* Random Access Memory (RAM)
* System board
* Central Processing Unit (CPU)
* Power supply

and

Error type : Windows stop error (A message appears on a blue screen with error code information)
Solution available? : No (see Next steps)
What does this error mean? : Windows has encountered an error from which it cannot recover and needs to restart
Cause : Unknown device driver
Computer symptoms : A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: e.g. 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)
Additional steps for you to take : Important: Please continue to send error reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

Information about this error

You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom