Wierd Freezing PC Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerb3

Beta member
Hello, Everyone.

My Problem: I will try to be as descriptive as possible. My desktop computer lately

has been beeping/clicking. It only really does it when I'm loading something either a

program or a web page. Well a couple of days ago it started also doing something else

After about 5-10 mins my computer will freeze and the only thing you can see is the

background of my desktop but you can still move the cursor around. When I click on

My computer, or something like that it brings up "Application not found" I'm not sure if that is

related or not. I thought the clicking could have either been a defective hard drive or maybe

even disk thrashing. I'm just looking for a little of advice/assistance on what I might look

at.

:) Thanks, Tyler

So you don't think this is caused by any type of disk thrashing? Thanks for your reply.

What are your system spec's? How much memory do you have? What size is your HD and how full is it? What size is the page file set at?

IF you are getting a clicking sound, its almost certainly the hard drive.

Find out what brand it is, then go to their website and download the diagnostics for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom