Widescreen monitor issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

picker07

Beta member
I have a emachines T5026 that runs well and does what I need it to do. I bought an Acer 1916w wide screen LCD monitor for this PC but something is not right.

On some web sites and with some programs (Quicken for example) the text is light and fuzzy. Over all it isn't sharp and clear It also seems like the PC overall is running a bit slower than with the old CRT monitor.
Monitor is plug and Play and does not have it's own drivers

Pictures seem much better than before- no problem there.

I've set to to clear type, and updated the chipset drivers but that's about as far as my knowledge will take me. The PC has AGP or PCIe slots-no way to add graphics card.

There must be a solution for this-I hope

Why is there no way to add graphics card? CASH Have you checked your refresh rate in settings?

The only option I have in refresh rate is 60-without a slot on to connect to how could I add a graphics card and would it help?

I just purchased Verto GeForce FX 5200 PCI for this PC-Installation went fine - I followed the directions on the web site and disabled the onboard drivers and then set the Bios to the PCi card. I am unable to load the drivers for your card.

I get the message- Installed graphics adapter not found and then if I try to click install I get The Graphics adapter installed is not compatible with the current set of drivers.

So .......what's wrong? The PC is plugged into the card so it has to know it's there

Can you boot into safe mode? If so boot into safe mode with networking, download the latest forceware from Nvidia.com and install it. That should fix that problem.

As for the monitor, if having the new card doesn't fix it, I would contact Acer themselves. I own the very same one, and other than a few minor annoyances involving the backlight, it rocks. A refresh rate of 60 is all that monitor supports. As to your PC running slower than beofre this monitor, that may be because you're running at a higher resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom