Why will my pc auto shut down ? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpringNite

In Runtime
Hello guys, i have a big problem that my pc will be auto switch off after 10 mins and sometimes my pc will be stucked in the windor and i have to restart it, when i restart it.... my monitor doesnt show anything, my monitor seems like not enough power... i dont know wat is going on.. pls help me out.....

Problem :
1) Auto shut down after a few minutes
2) when i switch on my pc, my monitor doesnt show anything
3) when i'm in the window, it will get stucked sometimes.

my pc's temperatur is 48 - 50 degree celcius.

My bro helped me to install a PC tweaks into my computer because my window is not genuine so my bro helped me to install the pc tweaks to make it up-to-dated. will this be a problem ?

Pls help me out as fast as possible. :(

My pc spec is ASUS P5P 800 - motherboard
ATI X700 256MB - graphic card
Cooler Master 430w - power supply
1G memory - RAM
2 HARD DISK ( 80 GB and 60GB ) NOT SATA - HDD
2 120mm fans and 2 neon lights. - accessory

hello nitestick, i have also thought at this point but how can i solve the temperature ? My bro helped me to installed the PC tweaks named Powertoys for XP, will it be the factor ?

Have you checked your video drivers,tested your Ram, If all else fails try a reinstall. Try to go into control panel adminstrative tools event viewer and check your applactions system and security it can give you some clues.

Hey, thanks for sharing your opinions but i dont even have time to check those things because it will auto turn off after 10 mins. i gonna format my computer.. and i have a question. will the problem come out from the HDD? because i will move all of my files into an external and format it... if my HDD is damaged, then it is too bad... is it possible ?

The hard drive wouldn't cause it to shut down after ten minutes... it just wouldn't be able to boot into Windows.

It sounds like some sort of either Windows error (have you got a blue screen?) or a thermal event (not maybe not overheating of the CPU).

It could be a lot of things... we're going in blind, as we don't have a lot of details. Bad circuit on the motherboard that loses connection after it gets hot, loose power connector doing the same thing, sensor going bad, power switch shorting, screw behind the mobo shorting once it gets hot enough to expand the components... but we can't tell without some specifics.

Tell us everything that is going on. What programs do yo have open? What are you doing when it dies? Does the desktop change any? Do any warnings pop up? Have you made any/many changes with PowerToys? Have you messed with the registry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom