Why is my fan running so high/fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

turboxchaz

In Runtime
I just reformatted my computer and prior to that, I think my fan(s) weren't running this fast..

The only times it doesn't do this is 5 seconds and then until Windows screen of booting up.
After that, it goes so fast. And as you can see, the temps are pretty normal? So I dunno what's the dealio here.

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: newbitmapimagek.png

i checked cpuid as well as speedfan just to make sure it's accurate, and both says its running at 10k+ rpm
i read soemwhere that cpu stock fans are horrible so maybe i should replace them. but....it says sysfan, im not sure where exactly that's located??

Hello,

Make sure that you've installed the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard.

fyi, the fan sounds really loud too, so if u are basically saying that it might be a mis-reading, maybe that is not the case.

i tried to update it, but apparently it says that there is a current driver there and i have to uninstall it.

i tried doing so by uninstalling nvidia ide and some other nforce driver (not graphics or display drivers) and yet the new chipset won't install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom