Why must I always press F1 during boot up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookster264

In Runtime
I have the Phoenix Award Workstation BIOS with my motherboard. When i boot up, I have to always manually press F1 to continue with loading of the OS. I cannot find a setting in BIOS to skip this. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

in bios, go to (i think, i cant remember off hand) CMOS set up or BIOS set up or something like that, and there is a setting for what sort of floppy disc drive you have (it probably says 1.44).
set that to "none", and it should take care of it.

In the CMOS setup, there should be a setting that says "halt on:" which you can set to "no errors"
if you do that, you won't have to press F1

what does the BIOS actually say when it tells you to press F1, anyway?

okay i checked and in my bios, which is probably the same as yours, it is CMOS setup > drive a > 1.44M 3.5in (this needs to be set to "none").
apokalipse may be right as well, but i have it set to halt > all, except keyboard and i dont have to press F1.
if that drive a is not changed, i do.

I did a google search prior to first posting and found another suggestion to find the halt on, but did not have that in my BIOS. I did find the floppy setting and changed it to 'none' which did the trick. Thanks for the quick replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom